Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10 January

My Healer Extraordinaire

Sometimes, NOT often, just sometimes, I will let my mind wander backwards. It helps when there is a picture like this one, but truth BE told, I have a memory no matter what the experts say about dogs and their present tense living.

I look at this picture and I'm taken back to a time when I really made a difference. A time when more than kissies and love, I gave real HOPE to someone.

What's funny is thinking that it's ONLY EVER the Big Things we DO that matter or make a difference in others' lives. This is why each morning when we are in town on our Morning Adventure I get so excited. It is impossible to NOT BE excited when a little lean, a little smile, and a little love can actually turn the Light on in someone's day.

Rarely does anyone question my BEing a Service Dog anymore. I may NOT act like a true Service Dog but I am definitely of Service and despite my exuberant nature, I take this JOB seriously. 

There are lives that depend upon it. Upon ME.

No comments: